Packaging Label Imprinter III
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
Operate and maintain a computer terminal and one or more label printers to produce labels to correctly identify company products and to meet established packaging production.
- Possesses basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills to maintain daily records.
- Having knowledge of a computer keyboard is preferred.
- Follows written and verbal instructions,
- Works well under pressure.
- Shows an ability to shifts priorities and prioritizes work to meet a variety of changing deadlines.
- Makes sure that all printing orders get done on time.
- Scans or types information needed from job sheets, pick lists, or sticker request forms to print labels.
- Removes each label order from the label imprinter as they are finished, and keeps all orders separate.
- Observes labels while they are printing for possible defects in the printing.
- Kits up and identifies all jobs destined for outside packaging centers.
- Prioritizes work to meet staggered deadlines.
- Identifies problems with label stock and notifies the Packaging Supervisor or Crew Chief of shortages that effect the weekly schedule.
- Documents all scrap, sample runs for Marketing, and unplanned printing orders.
- Keeps all printers supplied with rolls of blank labels and ribbon.
- Keeps printers clean and in working order.
- Performs cycle counts of labels stock as specified by Inventory Control.
- Maintains daily time and production records in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs other similar or less skilled work when necessary, such as working in other areas in the department or in other departments such as Shipping if needed.
- Follows the job description and KSA’s of other departments, such as Shipping, when assigned to work in that department.
- Observes all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and/or the company by sweeping and keeping the area clear of all boxes and used label rolls.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in factory environment, but has exposure to the Warehouse area and is subject to extremes in temperature (from very hot to very cold) due to weather changes.
- Stands for up to 10 hours a day.
- Lifts up to 10lbs frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Using both hands and both arms to reach up, push or pull labels while stocking shelves or pulling labels to run on the printers.
- Bends over occasionally to remove and/or place boxes of hooks on skids.
- Using both hands and both arms will pull banding material through machine in order to band boxes of hooks and labels.
- Uses pallet jacks to move skids of printed labels, that are kitted up with hooks, to the outside packaging staging area.