Needle Point Operator I
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
Under direct supervision, operates the Needle point grinding machine. Also operates the wire straighten and cut machine. Consistently monitors the output of those machines to produce point and wire blanks that meet pre-determined quality and production standards.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime hours when required.
- Must have excellent visual acuity and able to inspect small details of ground points.
- Must remain focused on Quality and Production standards.
- Must possess solid mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess manual dexterity to use required hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic computer skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and perform all functions of the position in a professional manner.
- Continuously monitors the output from equipment to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains acceptable production output by meeting or exceeding 100% of the machine standard.
- Sets up and runs a series of three needle point grinding machines.
- Uses micrometer, calipers, digital microscope and magnifying glass and optical comparator to monitor needle point length and sharpness.
- Sets up and runs straighten and cut machine.
- Using a caliper measures the cut wire blanks and inspects cut wire blanks for straightness.
- Using various hand tools makes adjustments to equipment when necessary to meet quality standards.
- Weighs pointed blanks and cut blanks using weight factor to obtain quantity produced.
- Enters production into Oracle by making transactions when the box is filled to the exact weight.
- Accurately fills out inspection and production forms.
- Cleans, oils and maintains equipment in order to keep it operational.
- Observes and performs all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and the Company.
- Endorses all company and departmental rules and regulations.
- Passes essential information along to the next shift regarding the operations of the machinery.
- May perform similar or less-skilled work in other areas as required, including all areas of manufacturing, and other areas within the company.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must be able to function in a noisy environment and tolerate exposure to oil, grease, chemicals, dust, and heat up to 90 degrees.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to twelve hours.
- Must be able to reach from floor level to a height of six feet in order to check equipment and make adjustments.
- Must be able to twist, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to observe the operation of equipment from a height of five feet in order to detect malfunctions.
Safety glasses, hearing protection and safety boots are required.