Material Handler - Warehouse
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions.
To safely unload, store, move and control raw material and finished goods, and to fill customer and department orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Unload material from truck / load material onto truck using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Unload, separate and check-in product off of purchase orders.
- Replenish and put-away product from incoming product.
- Efficiently move product within the warehouse and to/from other department using correct material handling equipment and following safety regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventories by performing cycle counts, locations audits and consolidations.
- Accurately fills customer orders using an RF scanner and material handling equipment. Material handling equipment includes but is not limited to a stock picker, forklift, and a manual / electric pallet jack.
- Operate material handling equipment 80% + of the time
- Perform daily/ shift check on equipment documenting it on safety sheet.
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping rules of the department and the company.
- Develop a working knowledge of product lines, packaging and materials.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to learn to use an RF scanner, calculator and computer.
- Previous warehouse and forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use and operate the following equipment; forklift, stock picker, pallet jack, hand trucks, and ladder.
- Requires the ability to climb a ladder and work from the ladder, ability to work 20 feet in the air from a stock picker.
- Must successfully complete classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage, treatment of hazardous material including all pertinent regulations. Must complete additional on the job training; when deemed necessary or when new material or regulations are introduced. This includes emergency response procedures and shutdown of operations.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for the length of the shift.
- Must be able to function in temperatures that range from -10 degrees Fahrenheit to +110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to use arms to reach up and/or out over head and shoulders, push, pull, bend and lift.
- Must be mentally alert in a warehouse filled with heavy equipment.