Material Handler - Warehouse
To safely unload, store, move and control raw material and finished goods, and to fill customer and department orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Unload material from truck / load material onto truck using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Unload, separate and check-in product off of purchase orders.
- Replenish and put-away product from incoming product.
- Efficiently move product within the warehouse and to/from other department using correct material handling equipment and following safety regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventories by performing cycle counts, locations audits and consolidations.
- Accurately fills customer orders using an RF scanner and material handling equipment. Material handling equipment includes but is not limited to a stock picker, forklift, and a manual / electric pallet jack.
- Operate material handling equipment 80% + of the time
- Perform daily/ shift check on equipment documenting it on safety sheet.
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping rules of the department and the company.
- Develop a working knowledge of product lines, packaging and materials.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to learn to use an RF scanner, calculator and computer.
- Previous warehouse and forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use and operate the following equipment; forklift, stock picker, pallet jack, hand trucks, and ladder.
- Requires the ability to climb a ladder and work from the ladder, ability to work 20 feet in the air from a stock picker.
- Must successfully complete classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage, treatment of hazardous material including all pertinent regulations. Must complete additional on the job training; when deemed necessary or when new material or regulations are introduced. This includes emergency response procedures and shutdown of operations.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for the length of the shift.
- Must be able to function in temperatures that range from -10 degrees Fahrenheit to +110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to use arms to reach up and/or out over head and shoulders, push, pull, bend and lift.
- Must be mentally alert in a warehouse filled with heavy equipment.