Material Handler - Packaging F level
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
To safely and accurately store, move and control finished plated hooks and B0 parts. In a timely and efficient manner, provide In-house and Outside Packaging Departments with parts for packaging orders and/or preparing for shipment to outside vendors.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Possesses an ability to read, write in English, and perform basic math functions in order to maintain records for inventory purposes and to know if the order is complete or incomplete.
- Commands the ability to learn and remember the different kinds of incoming and outgoing materials, material locations, and department locations.
- Prefer forklift experience also, must be able to be certified on a forklift.
- Prefer experience with the use of hand held scanners
- Prefer basic computer skills
- Uses the correct material handling equipment and following safety regulations, efficiently moves product within the warehouse to/from other departments.
- Assists in maintaining perpetual inventories by understanding and following warehouse procedures involving stock transfers and stock locator systems.
- Drives and maneuvers order picker and forklift truck safely.
- Observes all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and the Company. In the department, good housekeeping consists of organizing stored pallets, proper disposal of empty boxes, keeping trash picked up off of the floor, re-stacking boxes, sweeping floors, etc.
- Transacts f-level hooks and/or packaging parts to or from designated locations to the In-House or Outside Packaging departments using scanners or computer systems.
- Works to meet schedules and deadlines for both In-House and Outside Packaging operations.
- Performs similar work such as working in the Shipping department filling and packing orders.
- Follows a recommended schedule, performs preventative maintenance on equipment such as adding water to the batteries, checking oil levels and add oil as needed, and recharge batteries.
- Assists with Inventory Control issues and daily cycle counts.
- Possesses the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Works in other departments, such as shipping, follows the job description and KSA’s of that department.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must be able to work in factory environment where they may come in contact with dust, grease and some chemicals.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally 75 lbs.
- Functions in temperature changes from –10 degrees and up to +110 degrees.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet
- Must be able to work 20 feet in the air from a lift truck platform in order to stock shelves or retrieve product for movement to designated areas.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Must be mentally alert to the constant use of heavy equipment traffic.
- Must be able to wear any safety equipment required for the position such as shoes, glasses, gloves, safety harness and hearing protection.
- Must be able to reach upward and outward over head and shoulders in order to push, pull and lift packaging materials.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and twist to remove and/or place boxes of hooks on skids
Forklift, order picker, pallet jacks, dollies, ladders and hand held scanners.