Machine Maintenance Repair Mechanic (Nights)
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions.
To maintain and or repair all production equipment.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic arithmetic functions.
- Must provide own mechanic’s hand tools.
- Must be willing and able to work varying hours.
- Prefer 1 to 2 years experience in a similar work environment.
- Individual must successfully complete an initial program of classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage and treatment of hazardous material including all pertinent regulations. Continuing on the job training on this subject will be done when deemed necessary by the Supervisor or when new materials or regulations are introduced. This training must include emergency response procedures including shutdown of operations. All training will be done on an annual basis.
- Disassemble and assemble production equipment for replacement of worn or broken parts to include machine heads and tables.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment by cleaning, lubricating and/or replacing broken or worn parts.
- Rebuilds and repairs other production equipment
- Will troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment
- Replace and/or repair electrical devices and equipment up to 480 volts. To include motors, proximity switches, light curtains etc.
- Familiar with and ability to diagnose problems associated with pneumatic, hydraulic switches / solenoids and proximity switch activation systems.
- Must be able to use precise measuring tools to verify conformance of parts to specifications.
- Ability to weld, braze and silver solder is a plus but not a requirement (will train).
- Observes all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and/or Company. Department safety consists of wearing safety glasses w/ side shields, steel toed safety shoes, ear protection and no loose clothing that could get caught in the machinery. Keeps work area and machine tools clean.
- Performs similar and less skilled work in the department or other areas of the Company when requested.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- Must be able to work in a factory environment with mechanical noise from production machinery.
- When required, able to perform repairs or installations on rooftops or outdoors in inclement weather.
- Requires the ability to climb and work from ladders up to 15 ft.
- Able to stand/walk for up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 25 lbs. frequently with a maximum of 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to work in close proximity to oils, solvents, and chemicals used in production equipment.
- Must be mentally alert to constant hazards of machinery and chemicals.
- Must attend Confined Space Entry Training Program and take corresponding physical examination if needed.
- May be required to wear hearing protection and participate in hearing conservation program.
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulders to replace and/or repair equipment.
- Must be able to twist, bend, stoop and work in confined spaces at times.
- Must be able to wear safety protection equipment such as, but not limited to, steel toed shoes, glasses w/ side shields, aprons, gloves and protective sleeves.