The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the HR Manager along with assisting other department members with administrative tasks when needed. Reports directly to the Human Resources (HR) Manager. Duties include being responsible for several HR process assignments as well as preparing for all company events. Other responsibilities include acting as company receptionist, greeting and assisting visitors to Wright & McGill Co. and answering incoming calls on the general phone system.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have a friendly and professional attitude and appearance. Must have demonstrated ability to operate as a part of a team.
- Requires exceptional organizational, filing skills and the ability to give strict attention to accuracy, detail, and confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing as necessary.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required.
- Must have the ability to serve as a liaison between upper management and employees.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and the willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Must have good math skills and the ability to handle some basic accounting functions.
- Requires the willingness to participate in and promote the Company’s philosophy of wellness and good health management.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in HR preferred.
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
- Prefer some knowledge in Human Resource laws and benefits.
- Event planning a plus
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able sit at a desk and PC for 70% of the work day.
- Must be able to work and remain focused on detail in an open office environment where other department phone and business conversations are a part of the environment and constant interruptions are common.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, twist, reach and bend for significant periods of time in order to file documents into 4-drawer file cabinets and to make numerous trips throughout the building and manufacturing facility each day.
- Occasionally may be required to work outside of the normal work environment such as setting up for a company event.When preparing for Company events and/or functions, may need to lift and move chairs, tables, coolers, boxes of food etc., which could weigh 10 – 40 lbs
- Must have good visual acuity to read and input information and data into various computer programs.
- Will make frequent trips to plant area where there is machinery noise, and areas where there is oily machinery or chemicals