Hook Machine Operator I (3rd Shift)
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions.
Under direct supervision, operates up to four Hook Machines and monitors the output of each machine to produce fish hooks that meet pre-determined quality and production standards.
- Continuously monitors the output from equipment to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains acceptable production output by meeting or exceeding 100% of the machine standard.
- Uses micrometer, calipers, microscope, testing equipment and optical comparator to monitor hook specifications.
- Using hands and various tools, changes wire, cutting tools, milling tools, point sharpening cutters and eye pins as necessary to maintain quality standards.
- Using various hand tools makes adjustments to equipment when necessary to meet quality standards.
- Enters production into Oracle by scanning tray labels when the box is filled to the exact weight.
- Physically moves wire spools into position and loads spool on to let off device. Threads wire into machine feed mechanisms verify wire type and size are correct.
- Accurately fills out inspection and production forms.
- Cleans, oils and maintains equipment in order to keep it operational.
- Observes and performs all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and the Company.
- Endorses all company and departmental rules and regulations.
- Passes essential information along to the next shift regarding the operations of the machinery.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime hours when required.
- Must have excellent visual acuity and able to inspect small details of fish hooks.
- Must remain focused on Quality and Production standards.
- Must possess solid mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess manual dexterity in both hands to use required hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic computer skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and perform all functions of the position in a professional manner.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to twelve hours.
- Must be able to function in a noisy environment and tolerate exposure to oil, grease, chemicals, dust, and heat up to 90 degrees.
- Must be able to work around high speed machinery.
- Must be able to twist, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to reach from floor level to a height of six feet in order to check equipment and make adjustments.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to observe the operation of equipment from a height of five feet in order to detect malfunctions.
- Must be able to wear tool pouch.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and safety boots are required.