Heat Treat Operator - 3rd Shift
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions.
Degreases hooks and using furnaces, hardens hooks in accordance with company specifications and predetermined schedules to fulfill customer orders. Deflux’s trebles
Must have the following qualifications:
- Must have high school degree or G.E.D.
- Performed leaders a plus or preferred
- Previous mechanical experience preferred in order to operate and do minor maintenance and some knowledge of heat treating metals.
- Must be proficient in basic arithmetic skills
- Must possess basic reading and writing skills in order to read, understand and follow directions and maintain records.
- Basic computer skills(Basic EXCEL and WORD skills)
Key Functions of the job:
- Daily degreases all hooks as required.
- Helps Heat Treater operate 3 furnaces.
- Adds chemicals such as oxidizers, mild alkalizers and lubricants to equipment to maintain levels and/or concentration.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the department by sweeping, keeping thoroughfares clear of obstacles, etc.
- Performs similar or less skilled work.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
- May be required to use hearing protection and participate in hearing conservation program.
- Must be able to work and physically able to tolerate extreme heat.
- Must be able to lift arms above head and reach arms in all directions.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, aprons, safety gear. ( PPE)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs pounds occasionally and able to bend and lift up to 4' off the ground
- Must be able to use arms to reach up and/or out over head and shoulders, push, pull, bend and lift.
- Must be able to push pull up to 125 lbs pounds in order to use pallet jacks.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire 12 hour shift
- Must wear hearing protection and participate in Hearing Conservation Program.
- May be required to participate in Confined Space Entry Training Program and take corresponding physical examination.
- Works in room with temperatures up to 100 degrees during summer months (June through August) using furnaces that could reach 2,000 degrees.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and physically able to tolerate excessive heat from the furnaces.