Freight Order Processor
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
To efficiently pick, pack, scan and ship the orders as reflected on the stockroom order pick slips or by using a RF scanner.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be able to read and write in English in order to follow basic instructions and keep shipping and stockroom location records.
- Must have or be willing to learn basic PC skills and RF/Oracle system responsibilities.
- Picks product from the stockroom locations using RF Scanner to help pick order.
- Places products in proper shipping containers using designated procedures.
- Picks from zones when applicable.
- Places enclosed orders on conveyor belt to be scanned if it is to be shipped via UPS or FedEx.
- Completes filling orders that have been staged coming from the warehouse.
- Places completed orders on pallets and moves pallets to a freight scanning station if the order is too large to ship UPS/FedEx.
- Assembles shipping containers by method of stapling and or taping.
- Validates Kmart, Wal-mart, TSA UPS and FedEx orders and product using the PC based validation program with hand held bar code scanner device to verify items, quantities are correct.
- Retrieves or communicates to order pickers for retrieval of any missing or miss-picked product.
- Places shipping label on shipping container according to customer requirements.
- Prepares containers for shipment using proper Shipping Department procedures.
- Operates the Clipper station to manifest UPS or FedEx packages
- Observes all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and/or the company.
- Periodically orders additional finished goods from the warehouse and stocks them in the proper locations.
- Processes return goods. Transacts items from put-away to stockroom location, physically places the items in the locations.
- Cuts and removes lids from stocked boxes of product.
- Breaks down empty boxes and places them in the recycle compactor outside of warehouse.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for the length of the shift. .
- Must be able to tolerate cold temperatures to take customer orders to the shipping/loading dock.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to use arms to reach up and/or out over head and shoulders to, push/pull and lift product and move product from one location to another.
- Must have good visual acuity and good manual dexterity
- Must be able to bend, stoop and twist to remove and/or place product on skids.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet.
- Must be able to uses a hand stapler on a regular basis through out the day.
Must be physically able to help in the warehouse when needed