CNC Operator-Programmer II
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
Program & operate CNC milling machines and assemble prototype tooling and new machinery
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in similar role which can include formal training
- Must have CNC Mill experience with add on 4th axis
- Must have CNC lathe experience
- Must have experience with Mastercam.
- Must have the ability to run more than one machine simultaneously.
- Required experience with Solid works models.
- Requires knowledge of geometric dimensioning and design print reading.
- Willingness to learn new software and machine controls.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office to generate spread sheets and or operating procedure manuals.
- Requires exceptional mechanical aptitude and background to assess and address design issues as they arise.
- Must be able to read, write, perform, algebra and trigonometry.
- Initiate, develop and maintain CNC milling and turning machine programs to support a fast paced machining operation environment.
- Estimate and plan jobs for proper machine processing to include programming and production time, and list of materials.
- Fabricate and inspect prototype machine parts and tooling.
- Responsible for completing changes or revisions to existing CNC programs as defined by engineering drawing or model.
- Assists engineering when needed in design and fabrication of new or modified equipment and machinery.
- Set up and operate all machine shop equipment including manual machines used in fabrication of parts, tools, and equipment.
- Capable of understanding and writing equipment specific programming code. May include but not limited to G and M code.
- When necessary, performs maintenance on equipment or processes used to produce hooks. Utilize manual machining equipment when not involved in CNC operations.
- Works closely with Management, Engineering, and other machinists to achieve company goals.
- Observes all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and company.
- Individual must successfully complete an initial program of classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage, and treatment of hazardous material. On the job training on this subject will be done when deemed necessary by the Supervisor, or when new materials and regulations are introduced. This training must include emergency response procedures including shutdown of operations. All training will be done on an annual basis.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Requires the ability to work from ladders up to 15 feet in order to access equipment.
- Requires individual to work in close proximity to oils, solvents, and chemicals used in the production areas.
- Must be mentally alert to constant hazards of machinery and/or chemicals.
- Requires the individual to work in a noisy work environment.
- Must be capable of lifting 25 lbs. frequently and 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be capable of standing for an entire shift for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and twist to monitor or repair equipment.
- Must be able to work in tight or cramped locations.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment such as steel toed shoes, glasses, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Must be willing and able to perform similar or less skilled work as required.