Building Maintenance Tech II
Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions.
Position Purpose: Assist in maintenance and repair of facilities-related equipment.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Requires in-depth knowledge of HVAC and process exhaust systems.
- Requires understanding of basic plumbing techniques, including soldering, and basic pipefitting.
- Knowledge and compliance with all plant safety rules.
- Requires an understanding of electricity and experience with basic electrical circuitry.
- Requires high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Must have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be able to read, write and do basic math.
- Employee must successfully complete training provided by company.
- Requires experience with safe use of table saws, radial arm saws, miter saws, drill presses, band saws, airless paint sprayer, cup sprayer, soldering torches, and all common hand tools (i.e., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers etc.).
- Must have basic familiarity with computers including e-mail, Oracle or like data bases to generate supply requisitions in the absence of Crew Chief, excel and word documents
- Must be able to obtain EPA Section 608 refrigerant certification.
- Perform trouble-shooting and repair of all HVAC systems.
- Works with the Fire Department to conduct annual testing of the Fire Alarm and all equipment related to the Fire Protection System.
- Assist in development and implementation of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Perform basic electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural repairs.
- Facilitate basic repairs of non-HVAC equipment, as needed.
- Provide effective response to facilities-related emergencies when required.
- Works with all systems related to the Fire Protection.
- Perform pipe fitting and soldering.
- Performs grounds keeping maintenance
- Perform other similar or less skilled work.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- Works inside and outside in any and all weather conditions.
- Must be prepared to work in hot and cold conditions; in the wind, sun, light snow and rain in and outside the facility.
- May be exposed to extreme swings in temperatures from below zero to over 100 degrees and exposed to dust, paint thinners and fumes.
- The technician must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies anytime of the day or night.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from a height of 15 feet.
- Must be capable of working on roof to a height of 25 feet and work on a lift truck platform to a height of 25 feet.
- Must be able to work using hands and arms using all types of hand tools and machinery.