Besides being a great place to work, we offer the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match. All of that plus a four-day work week!
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required for all positions
Operate two brazing machines and monitor the output of each machine to produce fish hooks that meet pre-determined quality and production standards.
Knowledge/skills and experience
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime hours when required.
- Must have excellent visual acuity and able to inspect small details of fish hooks.
- Must possess solid mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess manual dexterity in both hands to use required hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic computer skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and perform all functions of the position in a professional manner.
- Walks from machine to machine, continuously monitoring output of brazing machines by inspecting the hooks as they fill the catch pans to ensure all specifications and quality standards are met.
- Maintains acceptable production output by meeting or exceeding 100% of the machine standard
- Using various hand tools makes adjustments to equipment when necessary to meet quality standards.
- Using both hands loads strings of double hooks into magazine so they can be loaded into the machine.
- Fills single hook loader to maintain a continuous flow of single hooks into the machine.
- Mixes brazing paste and keeps the paste reservoirs and paste guns operational.Adjust the paste flow to meet hook weight standards.
- Established and maintains treble hook weight and box load standards.
- Enters production into Oracle by scanning tray labels when the box is filled to the exact weight.
- Uses micrometer, calipers, microscope, testing equipment and optical comparator to monitor hook specifications.
- Accurately fills out inspection and production forms.
- Passes essential information along to the next shift regarding the operations of the machinery.
- Cleans and oils machinery using brushes, cleaning towels, magnets and oil cans, following established procedures.
- Observes and performs all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and the Company.
- Endorses all company and departmental rules and regulations.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to twelve hours.
- Must be able to function in a noisy environment and tolerate exposure to oil, grease, chemicals, dust, and heat up to 90 degrees.
- Must be able to work around high speed machinery.
- Must be able to reach from floor level to a height of six feet in order to check equipment and make adjustments.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.