Learn Fishing Knots
The Improved Clinch Knot
1. Pass the line through the eye of hook, swivel or lure.
2. Double back and twist the line at least five times
3. Thread the tag end of line through the first loop above the eye, then through the big loop as shown.
4. Holding the tag end, slowly pull on the lure or hook and slide the knot tight against the eye.
5. Clip tag end.
The Palomar Knot
1. Double about 4″ of line and pass the loop through the eye of fishing hook. Or, thread one end through and then back again.
2. Let the fishing hook hang loose, and tie an overhand knot in the doubled line.
3. Pull the loop end of the line far enough to pass it over the hook, swivel or lure.
4. Make sure the loop passes completely over the hook or lure, and then slowly pull both the tag end and the line to the reel until the knot is
tightened. Clip off the tag end of the fishing line.
The Blood Knot
1. Overlap ends of lines to be joined. Twist one around the other making 5 turns. Bring tag end back between the two lies. Repeat with the other end, wrapping in opposite direction the same number of times.
2.) Slowly pull the lines in opposite directions. Turns will wrap and come together
3.) Pull tight and clip tag ends closely